Best Products for Oily Skin
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive compensation if you make a purchase using the product links*
I’ve struggled for years with oily/combination skin and have probably spent more on facial products than I have on food (this is a stretch). While having a “glow” is supposed to be a good thing, in this case it’s not. But still, I have tried out many products in the hopes of being a little less shiny and have finally found some good products that I wanted to share.
Best Products for Oily/Combo Skin
1. Oil Absorbing Sheets – This is my #1 as I honestly can’t live without these. I usually use Clean & Clear but the cheaper Equate brand works just as well. You can get some cute fancy nice smelling ones at Sephora too but to me they all work the same! Although I’d prefer never to get shiny, when I do I just pop out one of these bad boys and voila! I am back to having a matte-looking face. I will always have a pack of these in my purse to touch up throughout the day.
2. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel – As just a basic moisturizer that doesn’t claim to do anything with oil, I find this product to be phenomenal. I always end up with a dry face because I don’t want to moisturize my skin and just add to the layers of shine, but this one keeps my skin hydrated without any extra flaws.
3. Rimmel Stay Matte Makeup Primer – This can be used either underneath or on top of your makeup to create a matte look. I always use this in the morning after I moisturize to keep the oil under control and works great before I put the rest of my makeup on.
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Loose Powder – I don’t usually use foundation, but after touching up any unsightly blemishes I always finish my look with this powder. It instantly takes away any shine that’s left behind and creates a matte appearance. This usually lasts until lunch for me when I simply just touch it up.
5. Avene Mattifying Fluid – While this is more outside of my budget than the other products, you only need a little dab to work. I don’t typically use this every day but when I want to look extra nice or need some extra moisture that doesn’t make me shine, this is for sure my go-to!
6. St Tropez Self Tan Luxe Facial Oil – Even though this has the word oil in the name, I find it actually pretty awesome. If your like me and need a little boost in the tan department during the summer months, I highly recommend trying this. I have tried many self-tanners that just make me so oily and shiny and I would rather stay pale. Luckily, I found this and will definitely restock in the summer.
7. YonKa Creme 15 – This product is more for those of us who are prone to breakouts because of the oily skin. It’s used to soothe blemishes but I find it helpful to use when you feel an impending breakout. It feels like a nice oil-free moisturizer while it works it’s magic.
8. NIVEA Purifying Toner – If you have oily or combo skin, you’ve probably been told to use a toner in your daily routine. This toner is designed to reduce access sebum and remove oil – hooray! Compared to other toners I’ve tried, I find this one to have a more pleasant smell.
Do you have the same daily struggles as me? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below on what works for you!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂